Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Settling In

I am officially moved in and more excited than ever about my journey. I have already fallen in love with my neighborhood and, despite most of my friends preferring Brooklyn, I know Harlem is the place for me. It has made me appreciate things that I would never have before, like brisk morning walks (to move my car due to alternate side parking), step aerobics (to get to my walk up apartment), and karaoke (that I hear clearly from the restaurant lounge on the bottom floor of my building). I have taken up my favorite pasttime from my NYU days, my spin on people watching: i smile at and say hello to every single person I pass on the street and see how many people completely ignore me. It definitely takes people off guard...lol.

I can't wait to have my place completed and a routine in place so that I can fully explore Harlem. I look forward to sharing my journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment